About First Nations Infrastructure Institute
- To provide the skills and processes necessary to ensure First Nations efficiently and effectively plan, procure, own, and manage infrastructure assets on their lands.
- First Nations led. FNII will be a First Nation led organization that works to deliver First Nation owned and controlled infrastructure
- Infrastructure focused. An organization focused solely on planning, delivering and managing infrastructure for First Nations.
- Legislation backed. Amendments to the First Nations Fiscal Management Act will establish FNII to ensure its interoperability with other First Nation led institutions established by the Act.
- Standardized best practices. Utilizing national and international best practice to manage risks through robust planning, procurement and management.
- Centre of excellence. A centre of excellence for First Nations infrastructure that will work with, and transfer knowledge to, First Nations.